This tomato juice recipes has a little eye-opening kick to it that’s wonderful!
- 3/4 pound tomatoes (about 4 small), sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sliced celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool.
- Transfer tomato mixture to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled.
3/4 cup: 69 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.