- 600ml double cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water
- 125g icing sugar, plus 2 tbsp
- 500g shortcake biscuits, plus 3 crushed
- 350g strawberries, sliced
- Line a 20cm cake tin or dish (either a square or rectangle works well) with cling film, leaving an overhang. Whip 500ml of the cream, the vanilla, orange blossom water and 125g icing sugar with an electric whisk until thick and billowy.
- Add a layer of biscuits to the tin, and spoon over some of the cream, about 1cm thick all over. Add a layer of strawberry slices, then repeat with the cream, biscuits and strawberries until you fill the tin, finishing on a layer of biscuit. You’ll have some strawberries left over to serve. Press everything down well so every biscuit is covered in cream. Cover and chill overnight.
- To serve, flip the tin onto a serving plate, and remove the cling film. Whip the remaining 100ml cream with 1 tbsp icing sugar and dollop on top of the cake, swirling it around. Top with the remaining strawberry slices in lines, sift over the remaining 1 tbsp icing sugar, and sprinkle the biscuit crumbs in between the rows of strawberries. Cut into slices to serve.