It is the perfect time to utilise some strawberries. Best of all, the strawberry pie filling sets in the fridge so you can eat something cool and refreshing in this hot weather.
2 lbs strawberries, cut in half reserve a few for decoration later!
1/2 cup erithrytol sweetener
3 oz sugar free strawberry jello mix
1 cup water
1/8 tsp xantham gum optional
1 1/3 cup almond flour
2 tsp coconut flour
2 tbsp butter
2 tsp water
1/8 cup erithrytol sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all of the pie crust ingredients in a mixer until it combines together. Press into a pie pan.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Cool completely.
- Combine the water, erythritol and xantham gum in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and turns more translucent.
- Turn off the heat and add the sugar free strawberry jello mix. Stir until dissolved.
- Pour the strawberries into the jello mix. Stir to coat all of the strawberries with the mixture.
- Pour mixture into your prepared pie crust. With your remaining strawberries that you saved for decoration, place them throughout the pie. Set in the refrigerator for four hours, or until set.