Simple Shortbread Cookies Recipe is delicious and easy to make dessert, snack and traditional treat
- 1 cup salted butter-softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- Mix softened butter, powdered sugar and vanilla, just to combine.
- Gradually add flour and mix to combine. Do not mix too much. The mixture will look crumbly. Knead it just a few times with your hands to come together. Form a disk, wrap with plastic wrap and chill 45-60 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 325 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough 1/3 -1/2 inch thick and cut in desired shapes. You can use pizza cuter or sharp knife and cut into rectangles. If you want to make “pizza cuts” use 2 bowl. I used 7.5-inch bowl to cut out large circle. Then use smaller (6-inch) bowl and lightly press onto circle to make the rim. Use knife to make dents over the rim.
- Using a wooden skewer make dots.
- Arrange the cookies onto baking sheet leaving at least 1-inch space between.
- Bake at 325 F until the edges are lightly golden brown (18-20 minutes).
I like to place cookies in the freezer 5 minutes before baking to help them keep the shape during baking, but you can skip this step. If you chill the cookies in the freezer before baking bake time will be about 22-25 minutes.