- 1 leg of lamb (approximately 1kg)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs rosemary, chopped
- 3 pears, peeled, cored and halved
- 2 large potatoes , unpeeled, cut into chunks
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Mix garlic, oil and rosemary, rub over lamb. Set aside remaining mixture.
- Place lamb in baking dish in the middle of the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, brush with more of the oil, garlic, rosemary mixture and return to oven. Place all vegetables in a separate, lightly oiled baking dish and cook at the top of the oven, turning once. Cooking should take 1 hour-1 hour 20 minutes (for each 500g, allow 20-25 minutes for rare; 25-30 minutes for medium, 30-35 minutes for well done). Lamb should be just cooked and juicy and vegetables brown and tender.
- Once cooked, remove lamb and vegetables from oven. Rest the lamb, wrapped in foil for 10 minutes, before carving.
The sweeter vegetables such as pumpkin, sweet potato and pears will cook and brown faster than the potatoes. They may be removed early and covered with foil to keep warm.
Resting the meat makes carving easier.