- 400g orecchiette or other short dried pasta
- 1/3 cup (80ml) white wine
- 1/3 cup (80ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 eschalots, finely chopped
- 175g chilled unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 250g hot-smoked salmon or trout fillets, skin removed, flaked
- 2 tbs thickened cream
- 2 tbs chopped dill, plus extra sprigs to serve
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup (60ml) cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, to make beurre blanc sauce, place wine, vinegar and eschalot in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes until liquid is reduced to 1 tbs. Whisking constantly, add the butter, 1 piece at a time, until mixture is thick. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm. Blanch peas in boiling salted water for 1 minute. Refresh under cold running water, then drain well.
- Combine pasta with the beurre blanc sauce in a serving bowl, adding a little of the reserved cooking liquid to loosen, if necessary. Add peas, salmon, cream and dill, then gently toss to combine. Serve garnished with extra dill sprigs.