All of the delicious flavors of Cream Cheese Jalapeño Poppers are packed into this delicious dinner recipe! Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole is both delicious and quick and easy to make which is a winning combination for a busy day’s meal. As a bonus this recipe is also gluten free, low carb and keto diet friendly.
Jalapeno fans will love this Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole. It’s super creamy and in addition to bacon and chicken it also has pasta and plenty of cheese, both Cheddar and Monterey Jack.
So it’s really like a kicked-up mac and cheese. For grown-ups.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken breast (about 3-4 chicken breasts)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pound jalapeño peppers (about 5-6 peppers)
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup crumbled crispy bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F
- Lay chicken breasts flat in a casserole dish. Season them with the garlic powder then spread the cream cheese over them evenly.
- Wash the jalapeño peppers and then cut the tops off. Remove the seeds and stems if you want it milder, or leave some if you want more spice, then cut the peppers into strips and lay them on top of the cream cheese then sprinkle the cheddar cheese over top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, remove from oven 5 minutes before cooking is complete and sprinkle with bacon then return for the remaining cook time. Chicken is done when cooked through to an internal temperature of 165˚F.
- Serve warm with a side of potatoes, veggies, or a baked potato. Enjoy!
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be reduced.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.