The sky is not the limit with these addictively delicious chocolate bars.
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil (Coconut-Free Recipe Here)
- vanilla stevia to taste (If you’d prefer to use a liquid sweetener, such as agave or pure maple syrup, use this ratio instead: 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 3 tbsp of your liquid sweetener.)
- optional extracts, cocoa nibs, chia seeds, or other add-ins
- optional 1 extra tbsp oil or water, if it needs to be thinner
Homemade Chocolate Bars: Combine coconut oil with the liquid sweetener or stevia drops. (For the stevia version, I recommend NuNaturals because I find other brands to have an aftertaste.) Stir, then add the cacao powder. Stir stir stir! Stir until it gets thick. Pour into any flat container (or candy molds or smush between layers of wax paper or in ziploc bags). Freeze until solid, and store in the freezer. Once hardened, you can also opt to melt the bars again for chocolate sauce. Or chop them up for healthy 100% sugar-free chocolate chips! If you use the stevia option, these bars are sugar-free.