- 2 lb. baby potatoes, halved
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 green onions, sliced
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and season generously with salt. Bring water to a boil and cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a knife, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly before transferring to a large serving bowl.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, about 8 minutes. Reserve about 2 tablespoons of fat in pan, and transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add red onion and cook over medium heat until starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Whisk in in apple cider vinegar, water, olive oil, Dijon mustard, and sugar. Bring mixture to a simmer, then turn off heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in green onions and gradually pour mixture over potatoes.
- Toss to combine and serve warm.