- 1.2kg whole chicken
- 4 corn cobs, kernels cut off, cores reserved (for stock)
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 leek (white part only), chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 bunch thyme
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- Micro parsley leaves, to serve
- 1. Use sharp kitchen scissors or poultry shears to halve the chicken down the backbone and breastbone.
- 2. Place corn cores in a large saucepan with chicken, fennel, carrot, leek, onion, garlic and thyme. Add cold water to just cover chicken, then place over medium heat.
- 3. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and cook for 11/2 hours or until chicken is cooked through and flavours are infused. Remove from heat and cool slightly, then strain through a fine sieve, reserving chicken and discarding vegetables.
- 4. Return broth to pan. Remove chicken skin and shred meat, then return to the broth with corn kernels and asparagus. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer to warm through.
- 5. Stir through chopped parsley and soy sauce, and serve warm with micro parsley.
Love to eat some spicy soup ! !