- 3½ cups (1.155kg) dulce de leche or other thick store-bought caramel sauce
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1 cup (250ml) rich chocolate milk
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- ⅓ cup (35g) cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease two 20cm baking pans and line with baking paper.
- Place 2 cups (660g) dulce de leche and egg in a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add chocolate milk and whisk until combined. Sieve flour and cocoa into bowl and fold into chocolate milk mixture.
- Divide chocolate milk mixture evenly between prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool completely, then remove from pans.
- Using a serrated knife, trim tops of both cakes to level. Place one cake on a serving plate and top with ½ cup (165g) dulce de leche. Top with second cake, then ice top and side of cake with remaining 1 cup (330g) dulce del leche.