1) VANILLA COCONUT CASHEW LATTE
This ultra-thick and oh so creamy Vanilla Coconut Cashew Latte Smoothie can be made with a base of frozen banana or frozen sweet potato for a low-sugar option. It’s packed with healthy fats and protein to help prevent a spike in blood sugar and keep you full. This rich, flavourful and seemingly decadent smoothie is ideal for breakfast, dessert (use decaf if needed), a snack or before or after a workout to fuel up or kickstart the recovery process.
- 1 cup brewed coffee (or 3/4 cup brewed coffee and 1/4 cup light coconut milk)
- 1 serving (30 g) vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup (30 g) raw cashews
- 2 tbsp (15 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 small frozen banana or 3-4 frozen sweet potato cubes (100 g of either or a combo of both)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- generous pinch of sea salt
- 3 ice cubes
- optional: pulse in a few of whole coffee beans for a little added crunch!
- optional superfood boosters: 2 tsp of maca or lucuma powder
- shredded coconut or toasted coconut flakes
- coconut butter
- coffee beans
- cacao nibs
- chopped almonds or cashews
- sliced banana
Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and mix until thick and creamy (for best results, do not over blend. It should be just combined and creamy but if you blend too long, the heat from the blender will affect the creamy, frozen consistency).
2) WAKE ME UP COFFEE SMOOTHIE
This coffee smoothie is every non-morning person’s dream come true. Packed with whole grains, fruit, and coffee, it has everything needed to get you from 0 to fully functioning adult in minutes.
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 5 minutes
- Servings 1 smoothie
- Calories 229 kcal
- 1 banana previously sliced and frozen
- ½ cup strong brewed coffee 120 mL, chilled
- ½ cup milk 120 mL, any variety
- ¼ cup rolled oats 25 g
- Optional: spoonful of nut butter
Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth, adding more milk as necessary to reach a consistency to your liking. Optionally top with a sprinkle of chocolate and serve immediately.